Your first step into the world of TCP/IP
No TCP/IP experience required
Includes clear and easily understood explanations
Makes learning easy
Your first step to understanding TCP/IP begins here!
Learn TCP/IP basics
Discover the power of TCP/IP components and subcomponents
Use hands-on activities to understand TCP/IP
Benefit from examples that illustrate the power of TCP/IP
Welcome to the world of TCP/IP!
TCP/IP is the world’s de facto communications protocol. It is the official protocol of the Internet and, consequently, has become the predominant communications protocol suite in many private networks and internetworks.
No TCP/IP experience needed!
TCP/IP First-Step explores TCP/IP concepts in a reader-friendly manner that assumes no previous experience. Learn about packetized data transfer, open networking, reference models, and standards bodies. Understand the architecture of the TCP/IP protocol suite and learn about its components, functions, and respective uses. TCP/IP First-Step helps you understand TCP/IP’s role in the network.
Learn more about the First-Step Series at www.ciscopress.com/firststep.
Table of contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
- Contents at a Glance
Part I: Introduction and Architecture
- Chapter 1. TCP/IP: The Official Protocol of the Internet!
- Chapter 2. What Has TCP/IP Done for Me Lately?
- Chapter 3. The Quest for Freedom of Choice
- Chapter 4. TCP/IP: The Networking Protocol That Changed the World
Part II: Protocols: The Building Blocks of TCP/IP
- Chapter 5. Peeking Under the Covers
- Chapter 6. Pushing the Envelope
- Chapter 7. More Fun with IP Addresses
- Chapter 8. Guaranteed Delivery: Your Package Will Get Delivered...Eventually!
- Chapter 9. Best-Effort Delivery: It’s Now or Never!
- Part III: Network Services: Making Your Network Easy to Use
Part IV: User Services: Making the Most Use of Your Network
- Chapter 12. Connecting to TCP/IP Networks
- Chapter 13. Smiling and Dialing
- Chapter 14. Taking the Next Step
- Part V: Appendix
- Title: TCP/IP First-Step
- Release date: December 2004
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 1587201089
You might also like
Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours
Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours, Sixth Edition is a practical guide to the simple …
The TCP/IP Guide is both an encyclopedic and comprehensible guide to the TCP/IP protocol suite that …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Linux Basics for Hackers
If you’re getting started along the exciting path of hacking, cybersecurity, and pentesting, Linux Basics for …