TCP/IP Sockets in C: Practical Guide for Programmers, Second Edition is a quick and affordable way to gain the knowledge and skills needed to develop sophisticated and powerful web-based applications. The book's focused, tutorial-based approach enables the reader to master the tasks and techniques essential to virtually all client-server projects using sockets in C. This edition has been expanded to include new advancements such as support for IPv6 as well as detailed defensive programming strategies.
If you program using Java, be sure to check out this book’s companion, TCP/IP Sockets in Java: Practical Guide for Programmers, 2nd Edition.
- Includes completely new and expanded sections that address the IPv6 network environment, defensive programming, and the select() system call, thereby allowing the reader to program in accordance with the most current standards for internetworking.
- Streamlined and concise tutelage in conjunction with line-by-line code commentary allows readers to quickly program web-based applications without having to wade through unrelated and discursive networking tenets.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Preface to the Second Edition
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Basic TCP Sockets
- Chapter 3: Of Names and Address Families
- Chapter 4: Using UDP Sockets
- Chapter 5: Sending and Receiving Data
- Chapter 6: Beyond Basic Socket Programming
- Chapter 7: Under the Hood
- Chapter 8: Socket Programming in C++
- Instructions for online access
- Title: TCP/IP Sockets in C, 2nd Edition
- Release date: March 2009
- Publisher(s): Morgan Kaufmann
- ISBN: 9780080923215
You might also like
Art of Computer Programming, The: Volume 1: Fundamental Algorithms
&>The bible of all fundamental algorithms and the work that taught many of today's software developers …
Modern C introduces you to modern day C programming, emphasizing the unique and new features of …
Practical C Programming
A comprehensive guide with practical instructions for learning data structures, low-level programming, high-performance computing, networking and …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …