Tips for Resolving Conflicts
There are numerous methods for resolving conflicts among team members, and even between teams. However, not all of them are healthy. First, the team has to agree to not deny or smooth over the conflict, allow one person (even the leader) to decide, or accept an easy compromise. The key to effective conflict resolution is good, old-fashioned problem-solving.
• First, acknowledge that there is a problem.
• Second, do some research, looking at all sides of the issue.
• Third, identify the root problem (e.g., “some ER patients need immediate treatment”).
• Fourth, collect some data on the nature and extent of the root problem.
• Fifth, develop some possible solutions.
• Sixth, openly debate the ...