Empower Your Members
You can grow and develop the members of your team by empowering them to act independently. Here are some tips:
1. Be clear about the action requested. If you are giving a team member the freedom to act, be clear about what you want them to do. Use your active listening skills here.
2. Be clear about the timeframe. Come to an agreement with the team member about when the task will be completed.
3. Be available to help. Make it clear that you are not just leaving them adrift, but that you are willing to provide assistance if they need it.
4. Be encouraging. Communicate with the person in a way that indicates that you think they will do a great job.
5. Do not continually check on them. If you say, “you’re empowered” ...