Teams need a variety of things. And as the leader you must be able to get the goods yourself, or figure out a way for other people to get them for the team.
What do teams need?
1. Laboratory time and lab technicians.
2. Computer support and IT specialists to help.
3. Development of prototypes.
4. Supplies for testing.
5. Subject matter experts.
6. Feedback from stakeholders, especially management and customers.
7. Access to key stakeholders.
8. Advocates to promote the work of the team.
9. Coaches to provide advice.
10. Sponsors to clear barriers.
“No one should advocate a course in private that he’s ashamed to admit in public.”
− George McGovern