The best leaders “hang in there.” They see obstacles as barriers to be overcome. They look at problems as challenges to be addressed. They view setbacks as opportunities to learn. They remain positive in the face of tough questions. They are persistent.
All successful people, including team leaders, persevere when others might give up. As a team leader it is your responsibility to motivate the team when they encounter difficult times such as:
• Negative feedback from customers about your product.
• A key member of the team leaves the company.
• A downturn in business results in a cut in the team’s budget.
• Management sends your project plan back for more work.
• A competitor announces a new service that parallels the ...