Technical Blogging is the first book to specifically teach programmers, technical people, and technically-oriented entrepreneurs how to become successful bloggers. There is no magic to successful blogging; with this book you'll learn the techniques to attract and keep a large audience of loyal, regular readers and leverage this popularity to achieve your goals.
Become more influential and earn extra money by blogging. Whether you want to create a popular technical blog from scratch or take your blog to the next level, this book shows you how.
Technical blogging expert Antonio Cangiano shares his extensive expertise with you, sparing no details and laying out a complete step by step road map to help you plan, create, market, monetize, and grow your own popular blog.
Antonio will guide you through all the choices you have to make in setting up a successful blog, teach you the key things you need to know to write blog posts that get read, and give you the tools to produce content regularly
You'll learn how to promote your blog, understand traffic statistics, and build a community. And once you've built it, you'll learn how to benefit from it: advance your career, make money from your blog, use it to promote your products or company, and take advantage of your blog to the fullest. And when your blog takes off, Antonio will show you how to avoid the pitfalls of success.
Technical Blogging is the only guide you'll need to create and maintain a successful technical blog.
Table of contents
- Technical Blogging
- For the Best Reading Experience...
- Table of Contents
- What readers are saying about Technical Blogging
- Part 1: Plan It
- Chapter 1: What Kind of Blog Are You Going to Run?
- Chapter 2: A Rock-Solid Plan for Your Blog
- Part 2: Build It
- Chapter 3: Setting Up Your Blog
- Chapter 4: Customizing and Fine-Tuning Your Blog
- Chapter 5: Creating Remarkable Content
- Chapter 6: Producing Content Regularly
- Part 3: Promote It
Chapter 7: Promoting Your Blog
- Market It and They Will Come
- Correct a Self-Sabotaging Mindset
- Perform On-page and Off-page SEO
- Not All Links Are Created Equal
- Guest Blog on Other Blogs
- Other Forms of Article Marketing
- Participate in the Community
- Leverage Foreign Blogs
- The Dark Side of Link Building
- Promote Your Articles on Social Networks
- Promote on Technical Social News Sites
- Case Study: ProgrammingZen.com’s Referral Traffic
- What’s Next
- Chapter 8: Understanding Traffic Statistics
- Chapter 9: Building a Community Around Your Blog
- Part 4: Benefit from It
- Chapter 10: Making Money from Your Blog
- Chapter 11: Promoting Your Own Business
- Chapter 12: Taking Full Advantage of Your Blog
- Part 5: Scale It
- Chapter 13: Scaling Your Blogging Activities
- Chapter 14: Beyond Blogging: Your Strategy for Social Media
- Chapter 15: Final Words of Advice
- Appendix 1: Bibliography
- Title: Technical Blogging
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): Pragmatic Bookshelf
- ISBN: 9781934356883
You might also like
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms
" Algorithms and data structures are much more than abstract concepts. Mastering them enables you to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …