Although the term marketing tends to be used as if marketing is a single activity, marketing is actually multifaceted and complex. This chapter provides a brief overview of marketing concepts that shape technical marketing communication, including the:
• Differences between brand, product, relationship, and social marketing
• Four Ps of the product mix
• Methods for segmenting and targeting audiences
• Components of an effective marketing plan
• Legal concepts related to marketing
Types of Marketing
Not all marketing is the same. Some aspects of marketing promote products, while others build the company’s identity. Before segmenting consumers or implementing a marketing plan, technical ...