In the Planning phase of the technology acquisition, you determine the answers to the following questions:
• How will you research, evaluate, and negotiate with vendors?
• How will you implement and operate your solution?
• Who will be responsible for each activity?
• When must these activities occur in order to meet the project time objectives?
• Where will the activities take place?
In this chapter, the process of planning the acquisition, defining requirements, prioritizing requirements, defining the solution, and identifying and contacting vendors are discussed.
Additionally, the role of a technology acquisition project manager ...