- Differences between how experts and novices process information
- Different types of knowledge and how each is processed
- The trouble with subject matter experts
- The key role of the trainer.
This chapter begins with three common scenes in which we find a knowledgeable person attempting to teach a novice learner. As you read each one, ask yourself the following questions:
- Why isn’t this working?
- Is it anyone’s fault?
- Have I ever been in a similar situation, either on the giving or the receiving end?
- What was the result?
Scene 1: Driven to Distraction
||All right, Gail. ...|