The first step in easing test maintenance is to have a systematic way of organizing tests. When we are implementing a new feature, we need to be able to quickly and easily locate the existing test code for a given method or class. There are three steps to making this easy. We have to decide:
- Where the files are stored on the filesystem
- What the files are called
- The names of the test classes
The main consideration in deciding where to place our test code is the ease with which we can locate the tests for a specific class or module. Apart from this, there are two other considerations to keep in mind:
- How will this module be packaged and distributed?
- How will this code be put into production?
For the first consideration, ...