The 2015 O'Reilly Data Science Salary Survey provides insights that could significantly impact your career in data science. The video starts with a longitudinal look at what's common across the surveys O’Reilly’s done over the last three years, then moves through the latest results and the process for gathering and analyzing the data. The Survey’s research derives from data collected in 2015 through online surveys. It includes demographic information, time spent on various data-related tasks, and the use or non-use of 116 software tools. Data came from over 600 respondents working in a variety of industries, two-thirds of whom are based in the United States.
- See the industries data scientists work in and the tasks they work on
- Compare salaries paid to data scientists in the U.S., Asia, UK/Ireland, and the rest of Europe
- Compare salaries paid to data scientists in different regions of the U.S.
- See the salary range paid to female data scientists vs. male data scientists
- Learn how age, education level, and company size affect salary levels
- Discover the impact hours worked each week have on salary range
- Identify the data science tools that correlate to higher salaries
Roger Magoulas is the director of market research at O'Reilly Media. Magoulas runs a team that is building an open source analysis infrastructure. He provides analysis services, including technology trend analysis, to business decision-makers at O'Reilly and beyond. In previous incarnations, Magoulas designed and implemented data warehouse projects for organizations ranging from the San Francisco Opera to the Alberta Motor Club.
Table of contents
- The Research Behind the Data Science Salary Survey
- Understanding the Audience
- Exploring Demographics
- The Relevance of How People Spend Their Time
- The Impact of Certain Tasks on Salary
- How Tool Clusters Correlate to Salary
- Median Income, by Tool Use
- Correlating Job Titles to Salary
- Building the Statistical Model and the Effect of Variables
- Title: The 2015 O'Reilly Data Science Salary Survey
- Release date: May 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491957806
You might also like
Processing Raw Financial Data: Challenges and Solutions
Presented by Connie Yee – Data Scientist at Bloomberg As the leading provider of financial and …
Meet the Expert: Jennifer Pahlka and Tim O'Reilly on Turbocharging Government's Response to the COVID-19 Crisis
We've all seen the headlines: "States Overwhelmed by Previously Unimaginable Layoff Numbers"; "Here's What Is in …
Meet the Expert: Kip Harkness and Tim O'Reilly on Turning Your City's COVID-19 Response into an Agile Action Plan
The city of San Jose, located in the heart of Santa Clara County, is one of …
What's New in Software Architecture: Data Mesh and the AI Revolution with Zhamak Dehghani (Audio)
Join Neal Ford and Zhamak Dehghani for a discussion about the challenges of creating, sharing, and …