The 800 years of scientific breakthroughs that will help salvage your retirement plans
Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Biology; every field has its intellectual giants who made breakthrough discoveries that changed the course of history. What about the topic of retirement planning? Is it a science? Or is retirement income planning just a collection of rules-of-thumb, financial products and sales pitches? In The 7 Most Important Equations for Your Retirement...And the Stories Behind Them Moshe Milevsky argues that twenty first century retirement income planning is indeed a science and has its foundations in the work of great sages who made conceptual and controversial breakthroughs over the last eight centuries.
In the book Milevsky highlights the work of seven scholars—summarized by seven equations—who shaped all modern retirement calculations. He tells the stories of Leonardo Fibonnaci the Italian businessman; Benjamin Gompertz the gentleman actuary; Edmund Halley the astronomer; Irving Fisher the stock jock; Paul Samuelson the economic guru; Solomon Heubner the insurance and marketing visionary, and Andrey Kolmogorov the Russian mathematical genius—all giants in their respective fields who collectively laid the foundations for modern retirement income planning.
With baby boomers starting to hit retirement age, planning for retirement income has become a hot topic across the country
Author Moshe Milevsky is an internationally-respected financial expert with the knowledge you need to assess whether you are ready to retire or not
Presents an entertaining, informative narrative approach to financial planning
Understanding the ideas behind these seven foundation equations—which Moshe Milevsky explains in a manner that everyone can appreciate—will help baby boomers better prepare for retirement. This is a book unlike anything you have ever read on retirement planning. Think Suze Orman meets Stephen Hawking. If you ever wondered what the point of all that high school mathematics was, Moshe Milevsky's answer is: So that you can figure out how to retire...while you can still enjoy your money.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- INTRODUCTION: AN EQUATION CAN'T PREDICT YOUR FUTURE … BUT IT CAN HELP YOU PLAN FOR IT
- CHAPTER 1: HOW LONG WILL MY NUMBER LAST?
- CHAPTER 2: HOW LONG WILL I SPEND IN RETIREMENT?
- CHAPTER 3: IS A PENSION ANNUITY WORTH IT?
- CHAPTER 4: WHAT IS A PROPER SPENDING RATE?
- CHAPTER 5: HOW MUCH IN RISKY STOCKS VERSUS SAFE CASH?
CHAPTER 6: WHAT IS YOUR FINANCIAL LEGACY TODAY?
- Human Life Value: Raison d'être of Life Insurance
- What's the Most Effective Way to Create a Legacy?
- Life Insurance: The Formula
- More Examples: Different Ages
- If You Try This at Home
- He Wasn't a Quant
- Secondary Markets and Life Settlements
- Term versus Whole Life
- But Sunny Sol Was a Fan of Annuities Too
- The Historical Huebner versus Fisher
- CHAPTER 7: IS MY CURRENT PLAN SUSTAINABLE?
- CONCLUSION: CONTROVERSIES, OMISSIONS AND CONCLUDING THOUGHTS
- APPENDIX: CRASH COURSE ON NATURAL AND UNNATURAL LOGARITHMS
- REFERENCES AND SOURCES
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- SHORT POEM
- Title: The 7 Most Important Equations for Your Retirement: The Fascinating People and Ideas Behind Planning Your Retirement Income
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118291535
You might also like
The Essentials of Financial Analysis
It’s easier than you think to understand the financial reports you face every day . . …
Teach Yourself VISUALLY Microsoft 365
A fast-paced, useful, and easy introduction to Microsoft 365 For those who need the show as …
The Makers Guide to Cricut
Take your Cricut crafts to the next level! The Cricut machine has made it easy for …
Practices of the Python Pro
Practices of the Python Pro teaches you to design and write professional-quality software that’s understandable, maintainable, …