Build Agile Cultures That Unleash
Passion, Innovation, and Performance
What do you want? Delighted customers. How do you get them? By rapidly delivering innovative, exciting products and services your customers will love to use. How do you do this? By uniting talented people around shared ideas and purpose, trusting them, helping them take ownership, and getting out of their way. It sounds easy—but you know it isn’t. To make it happen, you must create an agile culture: one that’s open to change and can respond quickly to whatever your customers need and desire. The Agile Culture gives you proven models, pragmatic tools, and handy worksheets for doing just that. Building on their experience helping hundreds of companies, three world-class experts help you align and unleash the talents of everyone in your organization. Step by step, you’ll learn how to move toward a culture of trust, in which everyone knows, owns, and improves the results. You’ll learn practical ways to refocus on differentiators and value, resurrect energy and innovation, deal more honestly with ambiguity and risk, and overcome resistance, no matter where it comes from. This text will help you go beyond buzzwords to transform the way you deliver software—so you can delight customers, colleagues, and executives.
• Creating cultures of trust and ownership, in which individuals, teams, and organizations can do amazing things
• Assessing where you stand, so you can move toward higher levels of performance, innovation, and motivation
• Leading as an enabler, not a controller
• Rebuilding trust where it’s been lost—or building it where it never existed
• Clarifying quickly the design goals of any project, product, or process
• Using iteration to reduce risk and make commitments you can keep
• Managing uncooperative people (and processes)
• Selecting metrics that focus on business value, foster trust, and don’t compromise ownership
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About This eBook
- Copyright Page
- Praise for The Agile Culture
- Dedication Page
- Chapter 1. Unleashing Talent
- Chapter 2. Trust and Ownership
- Chapter 3. Building Trust and Ownership
- Chapter 4. Trust Tools
- Chapter 5. Ownership Tools
- Chapter 6. Business Alignment Tools
- Chapter 7. Dealing Honestly with Ambiguity
- Chapter 8. Tools to Deal with Walls
- Chapter 9. Metrics
- Chapter 10. Case Study
- Appendix A. Quick Reference Guide
- Appendix B. Trust-Ownership Assessment
- Appendix C. Collaboration Process
Appendix D. Collaborating with Non-Collaborators Worksheet
- Think of a Non-Collaborator You Struggle With
- What Are the Traits (Behaviors) of Your Non-Collaborator?
- What Type Is Your Non-Collaborator?
- What Makes Your Non-Collaborator Tick?
- What Makes You Tick?
- Where Are You Compared to Your Non-Collaborator?
- Why Do You Want to Collaborate with This Non-Collaborator?
- Manage Your Risks
- Dealing with Non-Collaborators
- Appendix E. What to Do about Metrics
- About the Authors
- Title: The Agile Culture: Leading through Trust and Ownership
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780133463187
You might also like
Agile IT Organization Design: For Digital Transformation and Continuous Delivery
Design IT Organizations for Agility at Scale Aspiring digital businesses need overall IT agility, not just …
Agile Estimating and Planning
Praise for Agile Estimating and Planning “Traditional, deterministic approaches to planning and estimating simply don’t cut …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition
The Provocative and Practical Guide to Coaching Agile Teams As an agile coach, you can help …