Lead your organization into the industrial revolution of analytics with The Analytics Revolution
The topics of big data and analytics continue to be among the most discussed and pursued in the business world today. While a decade ago many people still questioned whether or not data and analytics would help improve their businesses, today virtually no one questions the value that analytics brings to the table. The Analytics Revolution focuses on how this evolution has come to pass and explores the next wave of evolution that is underway. Making analytics operational involves automating and embedding analytics directly into business processes and allowing the analytics to prescribe and make decisions. It is already occurring all around us whether we know it or not.
The Analytics Revolution delves into the requirements for laying a solid technical and organizational foundation that is capable of supporting operational analytics at scale, and covers factors to consider if an organization is to succeed in making analytics operational. Along the way, you'll learn how changes in technology and the business environment have led to the necessity of both incorporating big data into analytic processes and making them operational. The book cuts straight through the considerable marketplace hype and focuses on what is really important. The book includes:
- An overview of what operational analytics are and what trends lead us to them
- Tips on structuring technology infrastructure and analytics organizations to succeed
- A discussion of how to change corporate culture to enable both faster discovery of important new analytics and quicker implementation cycles of what is discovered
- Guidance on how to justify, implement, and govern operational analytics
The Analytics Revolution gives you everything you need to implement operational analytic processes with big data.
Table of contents
Part I: The Revolution Has Begun
- Chapter 1: Understanding Operational Analytics
- Chapter 2: More Data . . . More Data . . . Big Data!
- Chapter 3: Operational Analytics in Action
Part II: Laying the Foundation
- Chapter 4: Want Budget? Build the Business Case!
- Chapter 5: Creating an Analytics Platform
- Chapter 6: Governance and Privacy
Part III: Making Analytics Operational
- Chapter 7: The Analytics
- Chapter 8: The Analytics Organization
- Chapter 9: The Analytics Culture
- Conclusion: Join the Revolution!
- About the Author
- End User License Agreement
- Title: The Analytics Revolution
- Release date: September 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118873670
You might also like
For years, organizations have struggled to make sense out of their data. IT projects designed to …
The Rise of Operational Analytics
Fast access to data has become a critical game changer. Today, a new breed of company …
The Evolution of Analytics
Machine learning is a hot topic in business. Even data-driven organizations that have spent years developing …
Customer and Business Analytics
Customer and Business Analytics: Applied Data Mining for Business Decision Making Using R explains and demonstrates, …