The Apple Watch is more than a timepiece and a fashion
accessory. The watch is designed to be a very personal assistant,
from paying for groceries or a coffee to keeping a detailed record
of your daily physical activity. Author Scott McNulty has organized
the book around events and activities, showing how to use the watch
in various settings. The book starts off with an essential
“Apple Watch 101” section that gets you up and running
quickly. You learn the watch’s gestures and presses, how to
use the digital crown, and how to change the band, for
Scott then looks at how to use the watch in different settings. At work, how to set tasks and check email. After work, how to meet up with friends, find a place to eat, and get directions. At the gym, how to monitor your workout activities and monitor your heart rate. And you don’t have to be at the gym. Learn how to use the watch to track your daily physical activities, from how much you walk each time to gentle reminders to get up and move if you’ve been sitting too long.
Organized around your life, this book will help you get the most from your Apple Watch.
Readers will learn how to:
* Set up the watch and pair it with their iPhone.
* Manage messages, calls,notifications, and mail.
* Make sketches and use as a walkie-talkie.
* Monitor their workout activities and set and achieve goals.
* Use Apple Pay.
* Listen to music, using Maps, take photos, and more.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. The Day of Arrival
Chapter 3. Morning
- Dismissing Alarms/Snoozing
- To Shower or Not to Shower
- Review Calendar
- Dealing with Notifications
- Reviewing Your Inbox
- Custom Notifications
- Managing Glances
- Paying with Passbook
- Logging Into Your Work Computer
- Working Out with the Watch
Chapter 4. Afternoon
- Making Phone Calls
- Text Messaging
- Grocery Shopping
- Ping Your iPhone
Chapter 5. Evening
- Going to a Movie
- Chapter 6. Troubleshooting
- Title: The Apple Watch Book: Master the most personal computer in your life
- Release date: July 2015
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780134177809
You might also like
Concise Guide to DNS and BIND, The
The Concise Guide to DNS and BIND provides you with the technical depth and expert-level information …
Balance is B.S.
Combine the best parts of your personal and professional life to live the life you really …
Where do you fall on your organization's performance spectrum? Unstoppable is performance-enhancing manual for those who …
The Carpenter: A Story About the Greatest Success Strategies of All
Bestselling author Jon Gordon returns with his most inspiring book yet—filled with powerful lessons and the …