Chapter 8. Integrating unit testing into the organization
This chapter covers
- Becoming an agent of change
- Implementing change from the top down or from the bottom up
- Preparing to answer the tough questions about unit testing
As a consultant, I have helped several companies, big and small, integrate test-driven development and unit testing into their organizational culture. Sometimes this has failed, but those companies that succeeded had several things in common. This chapter draws on stories from both camps as it looks at the following topics:
- Becoming the agent of change— The initial steps you should take before introducing any changes
- Ways to succeed— Things that contributed to successful changes in a process, based on my experience ...