William A. Gentry
In This Chapter
- Why derailment is an important topic.
- The history of managerial derailment research.
- The five problem areas of derailed leaders.
- Strategies for avoiding derailment.
- What to do if you have derailed.
Weâve heard about them, or seen them, or we may have even been one of them. They have initially been given different labels: superstar, canât-miss prospect, golden child, high potential. They had all the promise in the world to succeed at the highest of leadership levels and responsibilities. And sometimes they did in fact succeed. But sometimes ...