Chapter 5. Configuring DNS
Solutions in this chapter:
- An Introduction to Domain Name System (DNS)
- Configuring a DNS Server
- Creating DNS Zones
- Configuring and Managing DNS Replication
- Creating and Managing DNS Records
- Configuring Name Resolution for Client Computers
- Solutions Fast Track
- Frequently Asked Questions
Today, most of the computers in the world are identified by IP address. Although computers are great at working with numbers, humans generally have an easier time remembering names than long strings of numbers. This is where Domain Name Servers (DNS) comes into play. DNS is responsible for resolving host names to IP addresses, so that we do not have to remember each individual host's IP address.
DNS is by far ...