Which companies have adopted technologies such as Hadoop and Spark, as well as data science in general? And which industries are lagging behind? This O’Reilly report provides the results of a unique, data-driven analysis of the market for big data products and technologies.
Using eye-catching charts and visualizations, Spiderbook cofounder Aman Naimat highlights some surprising results from the analysis, such as:
- The relatively small number of companies using big data in production
- Industries that have embraced big data the most—and the least
- The amount of money spent on various big data use cases
- How many companies actually use “fast data”
The results also reveal the geographical locations where companies have been quick to adopt big data, as well as the types of teams that use big data technology.
In addition, Naimat takes you through the analysis process with Spiderbook’s graph-based machine-learning model. The company analyzed billions of publicly available documents, canvassed more than 500,000 companies, and searched the entire business internet to compile the most comprehensive results possible.
Table of contents
1. The Big Data Market
- Big Data in the Real World
- Hadoop Usage and Big Data Adoption
- Use Cases for Big Data Technologies
- Fast Data Is Moving Fast
- The Need for Data Scientists Is Exploding
- The Future of the Big Data Market
- Title: The Big Data Market
- Release date: July 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491959909
You might also like
The Culture of Big Data
Technology does not exist in a vacuum. In the same way that a plant needs water …
Data Preparation in the Big Data Era
Preparing and cleaning data is notoriously expensive, prone to error, and time consuming: the process accounts …
Big Data Now: 2014 Edition
In the four years that O'Reilly Media, Inc. has produced its annual Big Data Now report, …
The Pragmatist's Guide to Corporate Lean Strategy: Incorporating Lean Startup and Lean Enterprise Practices in Your Business
Use this practical, step-by-step guide on lean agile strategy to harness technological disruption at your large …