Reduce costs, improve efficiencies, and focus on your core business
Leverage your technology infrastructure to save money and virtualize processes.
Discover the principles behind BPV and the ways in which they can benefit your business.
Benefit from incremental cost savings, maximizing your business' ROI.
Learn from real-world case studies that illustrate best practices.
Understand the solution-provider market, maximizing the impact of your investment.
The dot-com collapse generally discredited the idea of leveraging the Internet to build viable businesses. Many market pundits have decried the concept without examining the underlying dynamics associated with these companies' failures. The truth is, prior business models were built on a flawed business case, not bad technology. In fact, the dot-com bubble created a whole new class of automation that, when applied to conventional businesses, can dramatically improve time to market, competitive response, and customer interaction. This is not virtual business; this is business process virtualization (BPV), and enterprises that don't grasp and apply the principals of BPV will rapidly be rendered obsolete by those that do, being quickly outmaneuvered and displaced in the market.
BPV is the application of networked, intelligent IT infrastructure to enhance skilled personnel, processes, and assets, which enables companies to improve efficiencies, increase competitive advantage, heighten brand awareness, reduce costs, and improve bottom line revenues. Unlike business process automation, BPV focuses on new management approaches for personnel and technology, signaling a fundamental change in the way that we think about business and its objectives.
While reading The Case for Virtual Business Processes, you will understand why BPV is critical to the long-term viability of your business, while learning how to leverage your intelligent networked infrastructure using leading-edge products and technologies from Cisco Systems.
This volume is in the Network Business Series offered by Cisco Press. Books in this series provide IT executives, decision makers, and networking professionals with pertinent information on today's most important technologies and business strategies.
Table of contents
- Contents (1/2)
- Contents (2/2)
Chapter 1 The Role of Business Process Virtualization in Your Business
- What Is Business Process Virtualization?
- What Is Incrementalization?
- What Is Technology’s Impact on Business Models?
- Technology and BPV
- Chapter 2 History Lessons: Why Conventional Business Models No Longer Work (1/2)
Chapter 2 History Lessons: Why Conventional Business Models No Longer Work (2/2)
- What Business Are You In? Why Firms Should Focus on Their Core Business and Not Make IT a Core Competency
- Internet-Based Business Models
- Why More Data Is Not the Answer
- Case Study: vCustomer Corporation, Seattle, Washington (www.vcustomer.com)
Chapter 3 Capitalizing on Enabling Technologies
- A Day in the Life of a Virtual Employee
- Scott, You Were Right: The Network as a Computer
- Case Study: Teletext, United Kingdom (www.teletext.com)
- Chapter 4 Capitalizing on Enabling Applications
- Chapter 5 Capitalizing on a Virtual Presence
Chapter 6 Capitalizing on Outsourcing
- Why You Don’t Want to Manage 100 Percent of Your Infrastructure
- Ways to Safeguard Your Business Infrastructure
- How to Select an Outsourcer
- Case Study: InfoWorld Media Group
Chapter 7 Internal Security Implications of Managing the BPV-Centric Company
- The Importance of Internal Security
- Safeguarding the Company’s Intellectual Property
- Quality of Service
- Case Study: Motorola (www.motorola.com)
- Chapter 8 Financial Implications of BPV on Conventional Businesses
- Appendix A: Survey Instrument
- Appendix B: BPV Providers (1/2)
- Appendix B: BPV Providers (2/2)
- Title: THE CASE FOR VIRTUAL BUSINESS PROCESSES: REDUCE COSTS, IMPROVE EFFICIENCIES, AND FOCUS ON YOUR CORE BUSINESS
- Release date: March 2004
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 9781587200878
You might also like
OSPF Network Design Solutions, Second Edition
The comprehensive reference for OSPF network design and deployment Understand the full dynamics of OSPF network …
CCSP SNAA Quick Reference
CCSP SNAA Quick Reference (Digital Short Cut) Ryan Lindfield ISBN-10: 1-58705-877-4 ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-877-6 As a final …
Optical Network Design and Implementation
A comprehensive guide to understanding and configuring multiservice DWDM, SONET, and SDH architectures Optical Network Design …
CCNP and CCIE Enterprise Core ENCOR 350-401 Official Cert Guide
Trust the best-selling Official Cert Guide series from Cisco Press to help you learn, prepare, and …