Your change initiative is underway. But what’s that? Do you hear the faint sound of booing? Is someone heckling you from the balcony? Any rotten tomatoes thrown your way?
That’s to be expected. People resist change. It’s natural. Resistance maintains order and the status quo.
Your hecklers might be:
- Saying negative things or showing negative emotions towards the change
- Predicting the change will fail
- Acting like the change has nothing to do with them or their team
- Refusing to provide resources or information
- Avoiding or not prioritizing project meetings, events, or training
- Missing important deadlines or working with ...