Book DescriptionCollaboration and group cohesion are vital to any healthy enterprise. In collaborative environments, good ideas can come from everywhere. Today's thoughtful leaders support interpersonal experiences that ensure clear speaking, open-minded listening, and well-grounded decision making. Reintroducing our most ancient social process, the circle, welcomes everyone to equal participation. Here, two international leaders of circle as a modern methodology offer a comprehensive guide to this foundational human interaction.
The Circle Way lays out the basics of circle conversation based on the authors' nearly two decades of experience implementing circle practice in organizations. Through illustrative stories that show the circle in action and delve into its deepest aspects, Baldwin and Linnea provide detailed instructions for getting started, setting intention, and resolving conflicts. Their work illuminates the profound impact of circle on people who participate in it.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Foreword When Did We Forget This?
- Preface The Origin of the PeerSpirit Circle Process
- Part I The Circle Way
- Part II Circles at Work in the World
- Part III The Art of Presence in Circle
- Part IV Circle as Paradigm Shift
- Afterword Circle in the Heart ofStone Christina Baldwin
- Bibliography and Resources
- About the Authors
- Title: The Circle Way
- Release date: March 2010
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605092584