This chapter will cover the use and customization of both built-in and third-party monitoring tools on our Kubernetes cluster. We will cover how to use the tools to monitor the health and performance of our cluster. In addition, we will look at built-in logging, the Google Cloud Logging service, and Sysdig.
The following topics will be covered in this chapter:
- How Kuberentes uses cAdvisor, Heapster, InfluxDB, and Grafana
- Customizing the default Grafana dashboard
- Using Fluentd and Grafana
- Installing and using logging tools
- Working with popular third-party tools, such as Stackdriver and Sysdig, to extend our monitoring capabilities
You'll need to have your Google Cloud Platform account enabled ...