Book descriptionHere Are the Tools to Achieve Project Management Success
Buy both The Complete Project Manager and The Complete Project Manager's Toolkit and save $18 at checkout by entering coupon code COMBO1.
This companion to The Complete Project Manager provides the tools you need to integrate key people, organizational, and technical skills. The core book establishes that success in any environment depends largely upon completing successful projects; this book gives you the means and methods to meet that goal. The hands-on, action-oriented tools in this book will help you develop a complete set of skills—the right set for you to excel in today's competitive environment.
The Complete Project Manager's Toolkit will enable you to implement the easy-to-understand, universal, powerful, and immediately applicable concepts presented in The Complete Project Manager. You may already be aware of what you need to do; this book supplies the how through:
• Examples of real people applying the concepts.
Use these tested methods to overcome environmental, personal, social, organizational, and business barriers to successful project management!
Although The Complete Project Manager can be used as a stand-alone book, it is designed to complement The Complete Project Manager: Integrating People, Organizational, and Technical Skills.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Leadership and Management Skills
- Chapter 2: The Role of Humor and Fun
- Chapter 3: Personal Skills
- Chapter 4: Project Management Skills
- Chapter 5: Environment Skills
- Chapter 6: Organization Skills
- Chapter 7: Negotiating Skills
- Chapter 8: Political Skills
- Chapter 9: Conflict Management Skills
- Chapter 10: Sales Skills
- Chapter 11: Change Management Skills
- Chapter 12: Market and Customer Knowledge
- References and Resources
- Title: The Complete Project Manager's Toolkit
- Release date: April 2012
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781567263824
You might also like
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
The Manager's Path
Managing people is difficult wherever you work. But in the tech industry, where management is also …
97 Things Every Engineering Manager Should Know
Tap into the wisdom of experts to learn what every engineering manager should know. With 97 …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …