Opening With a Bang
Where before there was a spectator, let there now be a participant.
—J.S. BrunerChild Talk: Learning to Use Language
At the end of this chapter, and when applying concepts covered, you will be able to:
- Identify creative techniques for making a positive first impression.
- Raise participant expectation levels for training sessions.
- Focus on strategies for starting your sessions on a positive high note.
- Use a variety of powerful techniques to start your sessions.
- Create an environment in which participants self-disclose information useful for increasing training effectiveness.
- Encourage networking in a relaxed ...