- Be patient; for some people, building trust takes longer.
- Enhance the trustor's confidence by recognizing his or her achievements.
- Develop a supportive relationship where you are seen as being “on the trustor's side.”
- Correct issues or mistakes through positive and nonjudgmental dialogue.
- Conduct individual or group sessions where you demonstrate social support.
- Place low-adjustment trustors in roles that require less trust for productive and efficient exchange (roles with low variability, low risk, less complexity, fewer stakeholders).
- Focus on building trust not just with this individual trustor but also with his or her most trusted colleagues. ...