Aims and objectives of this chapter
• Discuss healthcare benefits cost containment
• Expose the causes for the escalating costs of healthcare benefit programs
• Consider various healthcare cost management options.
• Review consumer-driven healthcare cost containment initiatives
• Examine health savings accounts
• Discuss health reimbursement accounts
• Examine flexible spending accounts
• Discuss utilization reviews
• Discuss corporate wellness programs
• Model the forecasting of healthcare benefit program costs
This chapter examines healthcare benefits costs for employers only. Because this category of employee benefits is the major component of the total employee benefits program, understanding and forecasting ...