The ultimate reference guide to IT Service Metrics
Co-published by IT Governance Ltd and itSMF USA
IT service metrics: Manage them. Measure them. Make them work for you.
Measuring success is crucial, but how do we do it? How can we be sure that the IT services we offer are adding real value to our business?
Used just as they are, the metrics in this book will bring many benefits to both the IT department and the business as a whole. Details of the attributes of each metric are given, enabling you to make the right choices for your business. You may prefer and are encouraged to design and create your own metrics to bring even more value to your business – this book will show you how to do this, too.
How to measure the effectiveness of your IT service provision
Metrics are an invaluable tool for measuring the effectiveness of IT service provision. Used effectively, metrics enable businesses to:
- Ensure economical use of resources through greater understanding of current performance
- Identify areas for improvement
- Justify (or otherwise) and manage expenditure
- Inform the decision-making process and drive change within the organization
- Save money by reducing waste (resource, time, money, etc.)
- Fine-tune the services offered, thereby strengthening customer loyalty.
Based on ITIL® and other service management frameworks and standards
Up-to-date, based on the ITIL® framework, as well as COBIT®, PMI®, ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27000, The Definitive Guide to IT Service Metrics will show you:
- How to integrate metrics into your business
- What to consider when gathering and reporting information
- How to maximize the usage of metrics in order to ensure value for money from the system
- How to secure and protect your company's metrics.
""Working with the book helped me tremendously as I was putting together my CSI data for our business units. The book is very comprehensive and detailed but has thorough explanations so as not to be overwhelming."" George Nawara, Global Process Design Architect, Wolters Kluwer
""If you are going to call your book The Definitive Guide to IT Service Metrics, this is how you do it. 304 pages, 192 metrics described, 29 areas addressed. This is the broadest range of measures of any ITSM metrics book I have seen. Kurt McWhirter and Ted Gaughan have delivered on the title of their book!"" Roger Williams, itSMF USA Member"
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Using Metrics
- Chapter 3: Service Strategy Metrics
- Chapter 4: Service Design Metrics
- Chapter 5: Service Transition Metrics
- Chapter 6: Service Operation Metrics
- Chapter 7: Additional Metrics
- ITG Resources
- Title: The Definitive Guide to IT Service Metrics
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849284073
You might also like
ITIL® 4 Essentials: Your essential guide for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam and beyond
ITIL 4 Essentials contains everything you need to know to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation Exam …
Service Management for Dummies®
Manage your business from a services perspective What if technology was designed to serve the business …
Practical IT Service Management, 2nd Edition
How can you ensure that IT problems do not damage your business? IT is integral to …
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …