This chapter is divided as follows:
- 10.1 An Introduction to Music in the Movies
- 10.2 A Brief History of Music in the Movies
- 10.3 Back to Practicalities
- 10.4 A Spoonful of Music Theory
- 10.5 Key Points—Music, Music, Music
Later in this chapter, I deal with some of the tricks you can use to cut music around without producing a crime scene. The musicians among you may have to stand-by and prepare to suck some eggs.
Before we get down to theory and technique, let’s take a few moments to examine music and how it’s been used so brilliantly in the movies and on TV.