Managing performance is a key part of a manager’s role. In this chapter I outline how to:
• Monitor performance and deliver feedback.
• Coach individuals to high performance.
• Hold one-to-one reviews and appraisals.
In the previous chapter I discussed the importance of agreeing with each individual a set of objectives that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, timebound and agreed. This is the beginning of the performance management cycle that will allow you to ensure high performance in your team. To best manage each individual in your team you need to:
• set clear objectives, standards, procedures and ground rules,
• monitor performance,
• provide timely feedback, ...