Ex-offenders searching for work face plenty of challenges. What is the biggest one?
• Being banned from receiving food stamps or other financial assistance? No.
• Being banned from taking some jobs (e.g., security, medicine, childcare, education)? No.
• Being unfairly discriminated against by many narrow-minded employers? No.
• Recovering from substance abuse?* No.
• Finding stable housing? No.
• Getting access to transportation? No.
• Getting access to healthcare? No.
• Improving basic skills?** No.
• Finding interview/work clothes?† No.
• Re-unification with loved ones? No.
• The belief that no employer will hire you because you are an ex-offender? Yes.
Believing that no employer will hire ...