“Silos—and the turf wars they enable—devastate organizations.”
—Patrick Lencioni, Silos, Politics and Turf Wars
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
• Understand the rationale behind and fundamental principles of supply chain management.
• Comprehend the differences between supply chain perspectives and traditional business perspectives.
• Identify the main drivers of supply chain links.
• Recognize the managerial benefits and potential challenges of the supply chain practices.
• Analyze the impact of supply chain management on the bottom line and the competitiveness of the organization.
• Understand the necessary changes and transformations required for the successful ...