“If a man gives no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.”
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
• Understand various sources of demand and their impact on supply chain planning.
• Follow the steps involved in the demand management processes.
• Comprehend the differences among various types of forecasting methods
• Understand the underlying factors influencing the forecasting selection decision, and select the right forecasting method for a given organization and situation.
• Generate time series forecasts using exponential smoothing, moving average, and trend analyses.
• Recognize the connection between sales and operational planning and ...