“Globalization has changed us into a company that searches the world, not just to sell or source, but to find intellectual capital—the world’s best talents and greatest ideas.”
—Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
• Understand the motivation behind the globalization of business activities.
• Understand the rationale and fundamental principles of free trade movements.
• Analyze the impact of free trade movements on global supply chain management.
• Comprehend the differences between domestic supply chain management and global supply chain management.
• Recognize the managerial benefits and potential challenges of global supply chain ...