Planning, Definitions, and Threat Assessment
- Facility managers must constantly “think outside the box” to develop solutions to challenges. Solicit comments and ideas from facility employees, organizational employees, tenants, long-term contractors, and consultants.
- The facility manager's first priority is life safety!
- Stay informed of the latest techniques in emergency preparedness. Read trade publications and speak with colleagues.
- Share your facility emergency plan with your insurance provider.
- Always prepare for the worst case. What can go wrong, will go wrong!
- Expect the unexpected to happen. If it has not already happened, it will.
- You must provide emergency communications.
Emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere. ...