Organizing the Department
- Outsourcing is a staffing issue, not an organizational one.
- When contracting out, retain control of all functions.
- Someone should be directly responsible for every asset and function.
- The facility manager organizes for 90 to 95 percent of facility management (FM) problems. Central control of those functions with the greatest financial impact on the business is required.
- The facility manager is most effective when ranked no lower than two levels below the chief executive of the organization.
- Regardless of the job title, the facility manager should be placed organizationally at the same level as the manager of information technology and the manager of human resources.
- The basis of facility management organization ...