Organizing the Department
- Outsourcing is a staffing issue, not an organizational one.
- When contracting out, retain control of all functions.
- Someone should be directly responsible for every asset and function.
- The facility manager organizes for 90 to 95 percent of facility management (FM) problems. Central control of those functions with the greatest financial impact on the business is required.
- The facility manager is most effective when ranked no lower than two levels below the chief executive of the organization.
- Regardless of the job title, the facility manager should be placed organizationally at the same level as the manager of information technology and the manager of human resources.
- The basis of facility management organization ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.