- The work reception center (WRC) is the facility department's eyes and ears, receiving requests and prioritizing work.
- The WRC can be the means to control and manage a chargeback system.
- Because of the volume of work already handled there, the WRC, “the heartbeat of facility management,” is an ideal place to locate the department's service evaluation function.
- Work reception personnel should be trained, and procedures should be developed, so that 90 to 97 percent of the workflow can be handled routinely without managerial input.
- One of the greatest challenges to the facility manager is to ensure that the WRC remains customer service friendly and does not become bureaucratized.
- The WRC, if properly located and ...