Communications and New Facility Management Skills
- Work constantly to get the attention of upper management.
- The facility manager is the public relations officer for the facility management (FM) organization.
- Drop “FM speak;” use the language of business.
- Prepare and publicize an annual report.
- Manage by walking around and carry on meaningful conversations with employees of the organization, with your staff, and with contractors.
- Regularly meet with colleagues and operating managers to find out how you might help one another.
- Have an annual meeting for your entire organization and stress just how well you did.
- New management skills are required for knowledge-age work and new workplaces.
Many facility managers ...