Real Estate Options and Regulations
- The facility manager should manage real estate.
- The facility manager must coordinate the user, legal, and financial requirements for good purchase-lease decisions.
- The facility manager should actively participate in site evaluation and acquisition.
- The facility manager should have an active plan to manage the inevitable politics of site selection.
- The facility manager should learn as much as possible about any site to be acquired, but recognize they enter all negotiations with less knowledge than the current owner.
- When considering a real estate acquisition, the facility manager must also think about an exit strategy.
The decision to purchase or lease real estate goes to the very heart of ...