Master the day-to-day administration and maintenance procedures for existing VXLAN fabrics. In this book you’ll discuss common issues and troubleshooting steps to help you keep your environment in stable operation. The Fast-Track Guide to VXLAN BGP EVPN Fabrics is a guide for network engineers and architects who can’t spend too much time learning everything about VXLAN. It has been created with the end goal of providing you with a straightforward approach to understand, implement, administer, and maintain VXLAN BGP EVPN-based data center networks.
Using this book, you will understand Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) as a technology that combines network virtualization and service provider class network attributes to solve the performance and scalability limitations in a three-tier design. You will learn to combine multiple links and provide equal-cost multipathing to effortlessly scale speed requirements without being worried about potential loops.
You will learn VXLAN BGP EVPN configuration procedures with graphical step-by-step examples. You will be introduced to foundational concepts in VXLAN without the need to go over hundreds of documentation pages. This book is a clear and precise guide to implementing a spine and leaf architecture running with VXLAN. It explains how to perform day-to-day maintenance and administration tasks after implementing your first VXLAN fabric. It also explains how to integrate external devices such as firewalls, routers, and load balancers to VXLAN; how to leverage your VXLAN fabric; and how to create multiple tenant networks to secure your critical infrastructure.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the advantages of a VXLAN spine and leaf fabric over a traditional three-tier network design
- Work with the BGP L2VPN EVPN control plane VXLAN
- Examine the purpose of underlay and overlay in VXLAN
- Use multitenancy and tenant anycast gateways
- Connect your VXLAN fabric to external networks
Who This Book Is For
Senior network engineers, solutions architects, and data center engineers.
Table of contents
- Front Matter
- 1. Introduction to Spine-and-Leaf Topologies
- 2. Logical Components of a VXLAN BGP EVPN Spine-and-Leaf Architecture
- 3. Encapsulating Layer 2 over Layer 3 with VXLAN
- 4. VXLAN Fabric Features and Functionalities
- 5. VXLAN Fabric to External Network Connectivity
- 6. VXLAN Fabric Topology Designs
- 7. VXLAN BGP EVPN Fabric Configuration Templates
- Back Matter
- Title: The Fast-Track Guide to VXLAN BGP EVPN Fabrics : Implement Today’s Multi-Tenant Software-Defined Networks
- Release date: May 2021
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484269305
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
You, Only Better
If you want to be happy, fulfilled and energised its probably best not to obsess over …