This thorough reference guide to reading and really understanding the financial pages shows you where to look for information and how to make best use of it. Designed for a range of users, from corporate managers to individual investors, it shows you how to assess and evaluate information so as to benefit your investing and saving strategies and better understand economic indicators and financial jargon.
The Financial Times Guide to Using the Financial Pages uses real examples from the financial newspapers, case studies of businesses, company reports and electronic information.
This new edition has been fully updated with new features, including:
- A wider range of examples of financial information.
- References at the end of each chapter, rather than at the end of the book.
- Online and new media references incorporated throughout the book
- More discussion on financial regulation and governmental bodies.
- A glossary of financial terms.
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- The sixth edition
- Part 1 Identifying the players
Part 2 Interpreting the markets
- 5 Stocks and shares: the UK equity markets
- 6 Indices and aggregates: market indicators
- 7 NYSE and Nasdaq: the US equity markets
- 8 European equities: stock markets in the eurozone and beyond
- 9 Other international equities: emerging stock markets and world indices
- 10 Trusts and funds: the managed money markets
- 11 Bonds and gilts: the international capital markets
- 12 Cash and currency: the foreign exchange and money markets
- 13 Futures and options: the derivatives markets
- 14 Primary products: the commodities markets
- Part 3 Understanding the economies
- Part 4 Beyond the financial pages
- Appendix 1: the key ratios guide
- Appendix 2: the key indices guide
- Title: The Financial Times Guide to Using the Financial Pages, 6th Edition
- Release date: November 2009
- Publisher(s): Pearson Business
- ISBN: 9780273727880
You might also like
The Financial Times Guide to Wealth Management, 2nd Edition
The Financial Times Guide to Wealth Management Whether you’re a beginner wanting an introduction to financial …
The Financial Times Guide to Investing, 3rd Edition
'The most damaging half truth for savers is “performance matters more than expenses”. Read this book …
Corporate Finance, 5th Edition
The essential corporate finance text, updated with new data Corporate Finance has long been a favourite …
FT Guide to Banking
The Financial Times Guide to Banking The Financial Times Guide to Banking