How to manage change
What you will learn in this chapter
- How to identify when change is needed and anticipate its impact
- How to plan the different types and steps of change
- How to implement change in your organisation
- How to help people understand the impact of change
‘Be the change you want to see.’
In 2012, over nine out of ten managers experienced change programmes in their organisation,1 yet only 30 per cent said that senior managers managed change well.2 We also know that it makes employees uncomfortable, with 70 per cent of managers saying that change decreased morale in their organisations.
Here are some of the reasons changes fail:
- Fad of the day Doing it because it’s in vogue rather than because it’s right for ...