The get rich guide to garage sale foraging and urban treasure hunting
Garage sales, thrifts stores, and storage unit auctions can be gold mines for those who know what they're looking for, and The Garage Sale Millionaire gives readers everything they need to dig deep and win big. Written by two expert collectors with more than sixty years of combined experience, the book is packed with need-to-know information and insider tips that would-be treasure hunters can use to track down hard to find lost treasures, hidden gems, and coveted collectible items which, upon resale, can yield a fortune.
Giving even the most inexperienced collector the skills and expertise to buy, value, and sell their way to success, the book shows how anyone can turn garage sale garbage into cash. Newly revised and updated, The Garage Sale Millionaire also explains how to get the most bang for your buck when reselling—by holding the greatest garage sale ever.
Presents exclusive insider tips on how to track down hidden treasures
Reveals the best ways to resell at profit
Explains how to use eBay & Craigslist for profit
Includes an in-depth glossary on collecting for on-the-go advice
Explains how to make money at storage unit auctions & thrift stores
Essential reading for anyone interested in collecting, bargain hunting, or just making some money, The Garage Sale Millionaire will change the way you see garage sales forever.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Your Garage Sale Millionaire Journey Begins Now!
- Chapter 2: To Buy or Not to Buy: The First Big Question Answered
- Chapter 3: Negotiating Like a Pro
- Chapter 4: Fakes, Replicas and Restorations: How Not to Get “Taken”
- Chapter 5: Launching Your Own Treasure Hunt
Chapter 6: eBay: Virtually Limitless Potential to Buy and Sell Collectibles for Great Money
- The eBay Homepage—A Starting Point for Your Garage Sale Millionaire Treasure Hunt
- eBay and PayPal: Registration, Bidding and Buying
- Getting to Know the Seller
- Protecting Yourself as a Bidder
- Bidding on eBay
- How Co-Author Jeffrey Received an Assiduous Snipe He Won’t Soon Forget . . .
- Creating a Seller’s Account and Understanding How to Sell Your Items for a Profit on eBay
- Researching eBay for Better Profits
- The Benefits of Becoming an eBay PowerSeller
- Understanding and Determining the Value of an Item—The eBay Way
- Avoiding Fraud as a Seller
- Managing Your eBay Listing and Completing the Sale
Chapter 7: How to Assign a Value to Your New Treasures
- Self-Valuation Goes High Tech
- Blogs, News Sites and Community Forums
- Using Professionals: Appraisers and Professional Grading Services
- Top Collectibles to Deal in for Substantial Profits and How to Accurately Value These Top Items Through Their Respective Grading Services
- Now You Know the Rest of the Story
Chapter 8: Putting on the World’s Greatest Garage Sale
- The Need-To-Know List: Essential Information for Holding the World’s Greatest Garage Sale
- Key Elements from My Tried-and-True Garage Sale Timeline
- Extras to Have at Your Sale that Will Help it Achieve World’s-Greatest-Garage-Sale Status
- What Not to Do at Your Garage Sale
- What Do You Do if You Can’t Sell All of Your Items?
- Now You Can Have the World’s Greatest Garage Sale
- Glossary of Terms
- About the Authors
- Title: The Garage Sale Millionaire: Make Money with Hidden Finds from Garage Sales to Storage Unit Auctions and Everything in Between, Revised and Updated
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118370544