He and She Wired
I am announcing a ban on e-mail every Friday to and from all sales and operation associates, effective immediately.
—Jay M. Ellison, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, U.S. Cellular Corporation (2004)
- Examine gender differences in e-mail.
- Identify women’s use of emoticons, lexical surrogates, and exclamation points.
- Compare the similarity in speech and linguistic gender differences to e-mail preferences.
- Understand how e-mail style can affect credibility, especially for women.
- Understand how men’s e-mail style can be interpreted by women as abrupt and inconsiderate.
- Discuss how women can use e-mail to minimize interruptions and overlapping.
- Identify how women can utilize e-mail ...