A guide to understanding and thriving in today's new economic environment
Now that the housing and credit bubbles have burst, toppling banks and sending shockwaves through the stock market and around the world, it may seem like the worst has passed. But the full impact of the crises we have recently faced will create far more problems, and unless you're prepared, you'll struggle to regain your financial footing.
In The Great Reflation, author Tony Boeckh helps you understand how these crises, and the policies passed to jumpstart the economy, will play out for investments and business, and provides you with the tools to excel in today's rapidly evolving financial landscape. He reveals how similar episodes compare with the current crises and what this could mean for your financial future.
Arms you with practical insights that will allow you to evaluate different investment options
Explores the implications of the end of the private debt cycle, the possible rise of a new age of thrift, and the new government debt crisis
Reveals how you can profit from once-in-a-lifetime opportunities as well as proper portfolio allocation strategies
While things may never return to "normal," you can still make choices that will allow you to prosper. This book will show you how.
Table of Contents
I. FINANCIAL INSTABILITY
- 1. The Age of Inflation
- 2. The Debt Supercycle, Illiquidity, and the Crash of 2008–2009
- 3. The Long Wave in the Economy
- 4. Government Deficits and the Great Reflation
- 5. Money and the Great Reflation
- 6. Financial Manias and Bubbles
II. THE MARKETS: PREPARING FOR THE NEW INVESTMENT ENVIRONMENT
- 7. Asset Allocation: Investing in a Turbulent World
- 8. The Stock Market
- 9. Interest Rates and the Bond Market
- 10. The U.S. Dollar
- 11. Gold
- 12. Commodities
- 13. Real Estate
III. THE FUTURE: IS A RETURNTO LASTING STABILITYPOSSIBLE?
- 14. Declining America:Will It Recover?
- 15. Politics and Policies in the Long Wave Trough
- Summary and Conclusions
- About the Author
- Title: The Great Reflation: How Investors Can Profit from the New World of Money
- Release date: May 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470538777