The Fast, Focused, Practical Guide to Excellence with Scrum
The Great ScrumMaster: #ScrumMasterWay is your complete guide to becoming an exceptionally effective ScrumMaster and using Scrum to dramatically improve team and organizational performance. Easy to digest and highly visual, you can read it in a weekend…and use it for an entire career.
Drawing on 15 years of pioneering experience implementing Agile and Scrum and helping others do so, Zuzana Šochová guides you step by step through all key facets of success as a ScrumMaster in any context. Šochová reviews the ScrumMaster’s responsibilities, introduces her powerful State of Mind model and #ScrumMasterWay approach, and teaches crucial metaskills that every ScrumMaster needs.
Learn how to build more effective teams, manage change in Agile environments, and take fulladvantage of the immensely powerful ScrumMaster toolbox. Throughout, Šochová illuminates each concept with practical, proven examples that show how to move from idea to successful execution.
Understand the ScrumMaster’s key role in creating high-performance self-organizing teams
Master all components of the ScrumMaster State of Mind: teaching/mentoring, removing impediments, facilitation, and coaching
Operate effectively as a ScrumMaster at all levels: team, relationships, and the entire system
Sharpen key ScrumMaster cognitive strategies and core competencies
Build great teams, and improve teams that are currently dysfunctional
Drive deeper change in a safer environment with better support for those affected
Make the most of Shu Ha Ri, System Rule, Root Cause Analysis, Impact Mapping, and other ScrumMaster tools
Whether you’re a long-time Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or participating in your first Scrum project, this guide will help you leverage world-class insight in all you do and get the outstanding results you’re looking for.
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available
Table of contents
- About This E-Book
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- About the Author
1. The ScrumMaster’s Role and Responsibilities
- The Self-Organized Team
- The ScrumMaster’s Goal
- The ScrumMaster’s Responsibilities
- Pitfalls of Combining Roles
- 2. The State of Mind Model
- 3. #ScrumMasterWay
- 4. Metaskills and Competences
5. Building Teams
- Tuckman’s Group Development
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Team Toxins
- Focus on Responsibility
- Organization as a Tribe
- Choose the Right Leadership Style
- Use Decentralization
- 6. Implementing Change
7. The ScrumMaster’s Toolbox
- Mastering Shu Ha Ri
- System Rule
- Root-Cause Analysis
- Impact Mapping
- Scaling Scrum
- Kanban Insight Scrum Checklist
- XP Practices Checklist
- Product Owner Checklist
8. I Believe . . .
- The Great ScrumMaster
- Don’t Know Whether Agile and Scrum Is for You?
- Want to Transform Your Organization to Agile?
- Don’t Know How to Build a Good Product Backlog?
- Looking for a Way to Improve Your Team?
- Want to Become a Great ScrumMaster?
- Want to Become a Great Product Owner?
- Want to Solve Conflicts?
- Want to Have a Modern Agile Organization?
- Want to Move Your Organization to the Next Level?
- Zuzana Šochová—sochova.com
- Title: The Great ScrumMaster: #ScrumMasterWay, First Edition
- Release date: December 2016
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780134657615
You might also like
The Agile Developer's Handbook
A pragmatic companion guide to your Agile journey About This Book Make your team Agile by …
SAFe 5.0 Distilled: Achieving Business Agility with the Scaled Agile Framework
SAFe® 5.0: The World's Leading Framework for Business Agility "Those who master large-scale software delivery will …
Improving Agile Retrospectives: Helping Teams Become More Efficient, 1/e
Retrospectives are a key pillar of successful agile adoption and transformation, and an indispensable tool for …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …