HDR photography is one of the most popular styles of digital
photography. The ability to turn images from natural scenes to
works of art—whether surrealistic or simply enhanced with HDR
techniques—is becoming the staple of the photographer and
In The HDR Book, HDR and Photoshop Guru Rafael "RC" Concepcion (of The Photoshop Guys) focuses on processing the image, as well as what happens after an image is processed. It's no secret that there's a bit of Photoshop knowledge required to make an HDR image—and work with plug-ins, such as Nik and Photomatix too—and RC doesn't hold anything back to make sure all readers understand what they need to know about everything involved in the post-production process to make a really great HDR image. RC teaches from start to finish what needs to be done in terms of color correction, layer adjustment, sharpening, cloning, special filters, tonemapping, and more.
Throughout the The HDR Book, RC also interviews pioneering HDR experts (such as Trey Ratcliff, Moose Peterson, Michael Steighner, and others) sharing their insights and work.
The HDR Book will include access to all of the RAW images used in the chapters, in addition to presets for each image (for both Photomatix and Nik HDR Efex Pro). Also included are two video lessons showing the processing of two HDR images from start to finish.
With a couple of plug-ins, some technique, and a little bit of Photoshop, all readers will be able to create stunning HDR images!
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- About The Author
- One. Tools & Techniques
- Two. What to HDR
- Three. Creating a Tone Mapped File
- Things you’ll do a Lot in Photoshop
- Four. Project: The Austin Capitol
- Five. Project: Cloud Gate
- Six. Project: Yosemite National Park
- Seven. Project: Hilton President Kansas City Lobby
- Eight. Project: Real Estate
- Nine. Project: People
- Ten. Project: USS Sterett Panorama
- Eleven. Project: Sunset at La Jolla
- Twelve. Project: Black & White
- Thirteen. Project: Single-Image HDR
- Title: The HDR Book: Unlocking the Secrets of High Dynamic Range Photography
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780132788113