Book descriptionFully updated advice on hundreds of critical human resources topics! With changes in the economy, the job market, technology, and the law, human resources professionals and department managers alike are facing new challenges. Luckily, the second edition of The HR Answer Book covers these developments and addresses more than 200 questions that every employer needs to deal with, from recruiting and hiring to discipline and downsizing, compensation and benefits to training and employee relations. The new edition contains revised and expanded sections on FMLA, health insurance changes, and compensation laws, as well as information on salary reductions and using social networking to recruit employees. It is also packed with ready-to-use tools and checklists including: 10 Questions to Ask Before Scheduling an Interview Job Applicant Flow logs Performance Goals forms Exit Interview Questionnaire And more The HR Answer Book is an easy-to-use problem solver that can be read cover-to-cover or as a quick reference in specific situations.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- 1 Employee Selection: How Do I Find, Attract, and Select the Best?
- 2 HR Policies: Why Do We Need Them and What Should They Look Like?
- 3 Performance Management: How Do I Evaluate Performance and Conduct Meaningful Performance Reviews?
- 4 Employee Relations and Retention: How Do I Keep Good Employees and Maintain Working Relationships at All Levels?
- 5 Compensation: How Should Employees Be Paid?
- 6 Benefits: What Makes a Benefits Package Competitive?
- 7 Regulatory Issues: What Are the Major Employment Laws and How Do I Comply with Them?
- 8 When Bad Things Happen to Good Employers: How Do I Handle Volatile Workplace Issues?
- 9 Termination and Discharge: How Do I Fire an Employee Legally and Humanely?
- 10 Workforce Reorganizations: How Do I Manage Workforce Size in a Changing Business Climate?
- Tools and Templates
- Title: The HR Answer Book, 2nd Edition
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814417195
You might also like
What to Say in Every Job Interview: How to Understand What Managers are Really Asking and Give the Answers that Land the Job
"TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF . . ." Decode the hidden meaning behind interview questions and prepare …
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by Clayton M. Christensen)
The path to your professional success starts with a critical look in the mirror. (plus the …
Ace the Programming Interview: 160 Questions and Answers for Success
Be prepared to answer the most relevant interview questions and land the job Programmers are in …
Excel 2019 Bible
The complete guide to Excel 2019 Whether you are just starting out or an Excel novice, …