Fully updated advice on hundreds of critical human resources topics!
With changes in the economy, the job market, technology, and the law, human resources professionals and department managers alike are facing new challenges. Luckily, the second edition of The HR Answer Book covers these developments and addresses more than 200 questions that every employer needs to deal with, from recruiting and hiring to discipline and downsizing, compensation and benefits to training and employee relations. The new edition contains revised and expanded sections on FMLA, health insurance changes, and compensation laws, as well as information on salary reductions and using social networking to recruit employees. It is also packed with ready-to-use tools and checklists including: 10 Questions to Ask Before Scheduling an Interview Job Applicant Flow logs Performance Goals forms Exit Interview Questionnaire And more The HR Answer Book is an easy-to-use problem solver that can be read cover-to-cover or as a quick reference in specific situations.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- 1 Employee Selection: How Do I Find, Attract, and Select the Best?
- 2 HR Policies: Why Do We Need Them and What Should They Look Like?
- 3 Performance Management: How Do I Evaluate Performance and Conduct Meaningful Performance Reviews?
- 4 Employee Relations and Retention: How Do I Keep Good Employees and Maintain Working Relationships at All Levels?
- 5 Compensation: How Should Employees Be Paid?
- 6 Benefits: What Makes a Benefits Package Competitive?
- 7 Regulatory Issues: What Are the Major Employment Laws and How Do I Comply with Them?
- 8 When Bad Things Happen to Good Employers: How Do I Handle Volatile Workplace Issues?
- 9 Termination and Discharge: How Do I Fire an Employee Legally and Humanely?
- 10 Workforce Reorganizations: How Do I Manage Workforce Size in a Changing Business Climate?
- Tools and Templates
- Title: The HR Answer Book, 2nd Edition
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814417195
You might also like
Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People
Incompetent, lazy, spotlight-hogging, whiny, backstabbing, avoidant—there’s no end to the personality challenges that impede workplace relationships. …
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion For Dummies
Strengthen your company culture through inclusive and equitable policies and practices The global workforce and marketplace …
Apache Superset Quick Start Guide
Integrate open source data analytics and build business intelligence on SQL databases with Apache Superset. The …
CCBA® and CBAP® Certifications Study Guide
A handy, on-the-job reference filled with real-life scenarios to help you achieve the Certified Business Analysis …