Master the art and science of using shameless propaganda for personal and social good.
Influencers have always deployed the power of hype to get what they want. But never in history have people been so susceptible to propaganda and persuasion as they are now. Hype truly runs our world.
Imagine if you could generate and leverage hype for positive purposes—like legitimate business success, helping people, or effecting positive change in your community. Michael F. Schein teaches you how.
In The Hype Handbook, the notorious marketing guru provides 12 fundamental strategies for creating and leveraging hype for good, including ways to:
- Attract attention from people that matter
- Create a community of acolytes to further your cause
- Create an atmosphere of curiosity and intrigue
- Sell your message with the skill of master
- Create a step-by-step “manifesto”
Citing the latest research in psychology, sociology and neuroscience, Schein breaks the concept of hype down into a simple set of strategies, skills, and techniques—and illustrates his methods through stories of the world’s most effective hype artists, including American propagandist Edward Bernays, Alice Cooper manager Shep Gordon, celebrity preacher Aimee Semple McPherson, Spartan Race founder Joe De Sena, and digital guru Gary Vaynerchuk.
Whatever your temperament, education, budget, background, or natural ability, The Hype Handbook delivers everything you need to apply the most powerful tools of persuasion for personal and business success.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction How I Became a Professional Hype Artist (and Why You Should Too)
- Hype Strategy #1 Make War, Not Love
- Hype Strategy #2 Create Your Own Secret Society (the Piggybacking Principle)
- Hype Strategy #3 Perfect Your Packaging
- Hype Strategy #4 Give the Little Babies Their Milk
- Hype Strategy #5 Become a Trickster (at Least for a Little While)
- Hype Strategy #6 Become a Magus
- Hype Strategy #7 Find a Void and Fill It
- Hype Strategy #8 Make It Scientific
- Hype Strategy #9 Prayers, Spells, and Symbols
- Hype Strategy #10 Embrace Theater and Drama
- Hype Strategy #11 Set Down a Rock for Your Followers to Cling To
- Hype Strategy #12 Fetishize Work, Master Effortless Doing
- Title: The Hype Handbook: 12 Indispensable Success Secrets From the World’s Greatest Propagandists, Self-Promoters, Cult Leaders, Mischief Makers, and Boundary Breakers
- Release date: January 2021
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260470147
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …